Friday, March 7, 2014

5 Games I'd love to see revamped.

With the gigantic selection of beautiful, graphically inclined, games that come out these days, it's hard to want to look back at all of the graphically impaired, messy, blocky piles of cartridges stored away in a bin somewhere in your mom's basement.  Call me nostalgic, but I just miss some of that simple fun.  With all of the newer ways to get games out there today, I'd really LOVE to see some classics I used to play as a kid, revamped.  Not just re-released on Virtual Console either.. I want new!  Now I didn't always have the popular titles as a kid, so don't hate on my selection, but here are 4 games I think deserve a new life.  



1.  Duck Hunt- I thought for sure with the release of the wii, I would once again be able to enjoy my favorite NES classic of all time.  They released so many accessory guns and I just waited and waited.  I'm still waiting today.  I understand that Wii Play tried with the target shooting, but it just wasn't even close.  I'd even be ok with an NES remix game that had SOMETHING to do with Duck Hunt.  I mean it's iconic with the bright orange NES Zapper gun and the laughing dog you tried so hard to shoot.  And now...it all just sits there.. Useless due to new televisions.  It can't be hard to re-release this in 3d with some nice graphics and some added content.  Even if they release it as a download only game on the e-shop, it's still something.  I just feel it's too big of a game to just fade away into the abyss.








2. Q*Bert-  I never played much of the arcade version/nes version, but I grew up on Q*bert 3 for the SNES.  They released a theme-able version of the original for ios a while back, but it got taken off the app store and even if you still own it, you can't actually open it.  I think even if they only release a mobile version, it would still be really fun game that they can add so much to.  They've already done so much to pac-man, and the idea of Q*bert is a little more in depth.  I'd just love to see something more like Q*bert 3, even if it is the same game with new levels.  @!#?@!









3.  Streets of Rage- I really miss the side scrolling, button mashing, beat em' up games.  Streets of Rage had it all.  Mainly Streets of Rage 2 that is, but I'd love to see the series revamped.  It was one of the most beautiful games of it's time.  Bright colors, detail, fun scenery and also a character who roller bladed.  Not sure why, but I was always Blade.  All around "cool" game.







4.  Congo's Caper's-  I'm sure a lot of people have never played this game, or don't even know what it is, but let me tell you... This game was awesomesauce!  Giant dinosaurs, devils, monkeys, super crazy flashy super jumping congo, slot machines, drunk cavemen... What wasn't there to like.  This was one of the few games I had for SNES,  and I'm really glad I had it.  I would have been out experiencing a true gem.  The game is all around fun.  I'd really like to see the series come back, but I know it will never happen.  One can only hope though.







5. Secret of Mana-  I got this game with Congo's Caper's actually.  I took over Congo, my sister took over this one.  I always admired the beauty of this game though.  The box contained a beautiful map and poster.  Actually I found it on google.. ----> That's the poster.  So green, so erie, so peaceful..  I was never good at this game when I was young.  I didn't really ever get what to do.  But I loved watching my sister play it and when I got older, I played it.  This series needs a definite revamp.  With today's graphics it'd have the power to be one of the best looking games of all time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment