Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Mario Kart 8 Nintendo Direct Opinion

Was a bit surprised to see a new Nintendo Direct this morning.  I really wasn't going to watch it because Nintendo has been a bit disappointing lately.  I'm pumped for Mario Kart 8 and all, and will buy it regardless of my current opinion on Nintendo.  As a matter of fact I have had it pre-ordered for a long time now.  Also Kirby and Mario Golf on Friday!  Thumbs up for a weekend of gaming!

Anyways Mario Kart is gaining just enough new features to keep it fresh.  Here's a list of the new things worth noting..

Powerups:

Super Horn- You'll now be able to block blue shells with the Super horn or spin out all nearby opponents.  I can't wait to use it honestly, but I really don't want it to be used on me...  Spinning out is too frustrating.  

The "Crazy" 8-  Similar to the 7 in Mario Kart 7.. You get 8 random items to use.

Piranha Plant-  It attaches to the front of your car and snags bananas or other obstacles in your way including other racers.  

The boomerang-  It's the boomerang suit from the recent Mario games.  It gives you 3 chances to boomerang an opponent and knock them out.   Pretty useful but once again not something I'm looking forward to being hit with!  But that's the game!  It's so much fun!

Gameplay:

In anti gravity mode, knocking into players will spin boost you.  You can keep spin boosting off of other Karts in anti gravity giving you tons of boosts.  It's like infinite drift boosting.  Pretty cool!

Players:

Baby Rosalina, 7 of the evil koopalings, and Pink Gold Peach.  

There are also a lot of new Karts they show.  I really like the Peach "carousel" horse Kart.  I'm really into carnival things though.

And now, for my favorite part of the ND... A FREE WII U GAME WITH PURCHASE......  YES FREE.

Well you register your game on Club Nintendo and get a code for a free Digital download of Windwaker, Pikmin 3, Super Mario U, or Wii Party U.  About time Nintendo rewards you for all of the suck.

But other than that, it looks as if you can finally play with your friends online!  Will make it nice when we have our Mario Kart parties.  Also Tournaments seem interesting.  And if you can beat certain developer times around the track, they reward you with special stickers to use on Miiverse.. If you actually use it.. Which I don't.  I'm just not really in to social features so much when it comes to gaming.

The only thing that bothered me is that they are releasing yet another freaking bundle of awesome that I don't get to have because I have been a devoted fan and buy the first edition of everything and get screwed out of fancy special editions.  I just need to stop.  Buying the Wii U on launch day was the worst decision I've ever made.  Luckily the dust layer is becoming thinner..  Finally getting some content.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment