Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Mobile Gaming - Top 5 for February

Who doesn't enjoy a mobile game every once in a while?  They hardly take any dedication and allow us to really pass time when we need to, which is perfect for anyone who works a full time job and hardly finds time for console gaming.  My top 5 mobile games for February are, in no specific order:

Flappy Bird!  Haha Just kidding.  You've all probably heard enough about this game!  So I'll spare you my feelings on it and I'll just say beat my 167!  :)



5.  Adventure Time: Card Wars  iOS and Amazon Kindle (for now) $3.99
This game is based off of an episode in the series of Adventure Time if you live under a rock and don't know that.  I personally enjoy AT a lot and was stoked to see that not only one of my favorite board game creators was making a board game of this, but also that it was going to be an app too!

The game is pretty simple to learn.  It has a lot of the Adventure Time feel to it which I personally love. There is a lot of content and re-playability.  Basically it's a deck building/ CCG mixed together.  But it's pretty simplistic.  I personally LOVE deck building games and this is as basic as you can get.  You place terrain that you summon monsters/ your army to.  You can boost them with buildings and you can floop which is a special ability that each card has.  You have magic points to spend on laying out your attacks.  One of the best features in this game is the ability to block attacks and critical hit by using a spinner.  I'm really curious on how the physical copy of this game plays so I'll be picking that up as soon as I find it in stores.  Here is the link for the physical copy if that interests you at all.  Cryptozoic Adventure Time Game 



4.  Riptide GP2  Google Play and iOS $2.99
This may be the most beautiful game I have ever seen on my Galaxy S4.  It is so smooth and the graphics are crisp and the water is so watery looking.  Oh.. Anyways this game reminds me of Wave
Race 64.  It's a Jet ski racing game.  You can level up your character and learn new stunts by winning races and earning xp.  There is a multiplayer mode that works well, and doing tricks off of the jumps is just really amazing.  I am a sucker for good non traditional car racing games and I loved Wave Race 64.  I actually used my Google reward credits to buy this.  I normally like free apps, but why not spend free money?




3.  An Alien with a Magnet  Google Play and iOS FREE
I can't really recall any games of this kind similar to this one.  If that makes any sense at all..  You are a cute little alien in a cute little saucer with a magnet that allows you to orbit close to planets and collect star coins and power ups.  The levels get harder and new challenges are added like running out of power.  There are 3 gems to collect in each level and you spin around planets launching to other planets without hitting anything and then you find the finish line and go to the next level.  It's simple fun.





2.  Dungeon Highway  Google Play and iOS
Kind of an endless runner with a dungeon crawl/retro feel to it.  You can shoot enemies and pick up different power ups and weapons along the way.  You have to avoid running into monsters and walls of the dungeon while trying to kill as much stuff as possible to gain points.  It's a simple concept that is pretty fun.  I also really like 8-bit type games.  And dungeons..



1.  Hot Donut  Google Play and iOS
You're a super hero donut rolling, dashing, and launching through hills and over water while collecting fireflies.. Or to me they look like bees.. You earn stars based on how well you do and earn crystals that you ca
n use to purchase upgrades.  It's another really simple fun addictive game that is great to pass time.

No comments:

Post a Comment