Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Now Playing - Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze!

Actually as I sit here at my desk typing this, I am also currently on a 319 streak in Draw Something 2 where I am trying really hard to draw a "snowplow".  I'm in no way good at drawing but I do find it fun to, every once in a while, take a stylus and pretend I'm an artist.  But enough about Draw Something.. Onwards!

My most recent and most exciting game that I picked up is Donkey Kong Country : Tropical Freeze for the Wii U.  I grew up a HUGE fan of the DKC series.  I used to play them all on Super Nintendo.  And actually besides Super Mario World, It was one of the only games that I owned at the time so I pretty much mastered them all, many times.

Tropical Freeze has that nostalgic feel that puts me right back into my childhood home, sitting about 2 ft away from the TV in a beanbag chair playing my SNES for hours upon hours!  However, this game is really hard!  I like to think I'm pretty good at video games too.  Especially Nintendo games.  Now the problem I think I was having was trying to play this co-op.  It's one of those co-op games where you can't really get too far away from each other and you have to spend more time working together or dragging/waiting for someone who maybe isn't that great of a player.  I also wasn't too fond of having to swap different Kongs for different levels just to get all of the extras in the levels.  In single player it gives you the right Kong for every level from what it seems.  Single player was much better IMO but I only played like 3 levels in Single Player Mode.  The graphics are absolutely stunning.  The music is a bunch of the older tunes from the previous DKC games remixed, along with some new tunes that sound equally as awesome.  It really adds to the nostalgic feel.  Also MINECART level!  There are other little easter eggs such as Cranky Kong's Phonograph from the original DKC too that just add to the total WOW of the game.  If you're a Nintendo fan or are maybe even contemplating this game, just get it.  It is awesome and challenging and I think it's a good pick for any gamer.  

*Brittany's best DK anger quote so far..  "oh good, just barrel roll to f**king China."



No comments:

Post a Comment